Ireland’s top wedding photographer, Jenny McCarthy, will host Weddings by Jen, the first in a series of wedding masterclasses at one of Ireland’s top wedding venues, and the place she and Martin King tied the knot, Killashee Hotel on 26th and 27th November 2016.
Having photographed over 1000 weddings over 12 years, including the nuptials of Irish celebrities such as Karen Koster, Glenda Gilson and Pippa O’Connor, Jenny McCarthy has seen it all and aims to impart all of her learnings to brides-to-be and their wedding parties at these events.
The wedding masterclasses will include her advice and tips for the wedding day and the all important dos and don’ts to ensure the most stress free romantic day. The event will be broken down into two sections with guests arriving to a welcome reception and receiving a luxury goodie bag followed by invaluable advice on wedding hair, makeup, tan, wedding dress styling, styling for guests, the groom and groomsmen. A wedding themed afternoon tea will be served by Killashee Hotel at the interval.
The wedding workshops will feature advice and tips from Ireland’s leading wedding professionals including:
- Derrick Carberry, Celebrity Makeup Artist, who will talk through makeup looks for that special day
- Sinead Sanderson from Peaches & Cream Boutique to discuss the all important underwear to give you the most flattering figure to work with your dress
- Caroline Moylan of Black Amber Hair Salon to talk about hair styles for brides, mothers of the bride and groom, bridesmaids and all of the wedding party
- Lisa & Linda of Bellamianta Tan will give tips on how to achieve a natural looking tan without destroying that all important white / ivory dress!
- Paula Kind from Tamem Michael Bridal Couture to talk through wedding dress styles
- Alana Miley from The Lash Lounge to discuss lashes that last your wedding day
- Laura Jordan from Stylesavvy.ie to explore outfits for the wedding day, the day after and honeymoon looks
- Louis Copeland will talk through identifying the perfect suit for the groom, groomsmen and fathers of the bride and groom
Speaking on her inspiration for the masterclasses Jenny said, “I’ve gained so much experience over the years having witnessed the ins and outs of so many weddings hand first hand. There are so many simple tips to avoid stress and confusion to make sure your special day runs smoothly and is a day to remember for all the right reasons. Having celebrated my own wedding at Killashee Hotel five years ago, it seemed like the perfect place to host my first masterclass. In 2017 I plan to tour the country with a series of masterclasses.”
Tickets for the event are €100 (+€4 booking fee) and available from www.weddingsbyjen.ie/events
Killashee Hotel is offering a discounted overnight rate to include Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for 2 people sharing at €230 for all ticket holders. See killasheehotel.ie/bookings for more.
Step into a haven of timeless romance and let Killashee weave its magic on your very special day. Steeped in history, the gorgeous estate is surrounded with acres of manicured gardens and woodland hideaways. Two lives coming together as one, two families uniting in a celebration of love. The perfect wedding day is all about twos, so here at Killashee we have two gorgeous wedding venues.
The Original House, a Victorian hunting lodge, is ideal for couples who prefer traditional “Old World” character in a warm relaxed setting. It is a stunning period building that is the perfect venue for an elegant gathering of up to 99 guests.
The opulent Thomson Suite is perfect for a lavish celebration for up to 250 guests, and can be extended to accommodate even larger wedding parties. The ballroom boasts a bar in the room and a distinctive separate wooden dance floor.
Book Killashee as the perfect setting for a lifetime together and enjoy a 10% discount on your photography package with the amazingly talented Jenny McCarthy with Photos by Jen.
For further press information, images or interview requests please contact:
Melissa Kelly or Mari O’Leary at O’Leary PR
twitter: @killasheehotel #killasheemoments