Hairdressers from salons all over Ireland went head to head at the L’Oréal Colour Trophy 2016 Semi Final event in the O’Reilly Hall in UCD recently (Monday 4th April). Each competitor was vying for a place in the final, which will take place in Dublin’s Convention Centre on Monday June 20th. This year’s award categories include the L’Oréal Men’s Image Award, the Star Award and the highly coveted L’Oréal Colour Trophy.
The L’Oréal Colour Trophy, the industry’s fashion focussed, trend led event celebrates its special 50th Anniversary this year. The awards, which honour the brightest hairdressing talents across the country, involves the biggest icons in the industry and showcases all that is loved about hair colour, trends and fashion.
The spectacular event, which will feature exclusive shows from Peter Mark and Zeba hair salons, will showcase the best of emerging and established Irish hairdressers, while featuring the elite of International industry judges and show teams at a gala black tie dinner.
The L’Oréal Colour Trophy is the most sought after award in the Irish hairdressing industry entrants were invited to create a well-executed, inspirational on trend colour on their model. This must be complimented by a beautiful style, finish and total look, taking inspiration from current and upcoming trends.
The judging panel at all stages of the competition features some of the highest profiled names in the international hairdressing industry including Jack Howard (Paul Edmonds), Adam Reed (Percy & Reed), Alan Edwards, Siobhan Jones (Headmasters), Andrew Mulvenna and Tina Farey (Rush). For the first time ever the L’Oréal Colour Trophy winner will get the opportunity to compete on a global scale at the L’Oréal Professionnel Business Forum in Lisbon in October.
Tickets for this year’s final are now available and cost €200 each. For more information, visit www.lorealcolourtrophy.ie.
Full list of finalists:
L’Oréal Colour Trophy:
- Brown Sugar Hair & Make-up – South William Street, Dublin – Peter O’Donnell
- Brown Sugar Hair & Makeup – Blackrock – Jamie Browne
- Browns Hairdressing – Gorey, Co Wexford – Mags Browne
- D’Arcys Hair Salon – Ballincollig, Co Cork – Showy Lee
- Davey Davey – Drury Street, Dublin – Stephen Boyle
- Dylan Bradshaw Academy – South William Street – Aoife Bradley
- Headmasters – Waterford – Dawn O’Sullivan
- Leona Collins Professional – Drogheda – Leona Collins
- Marbles Hair & Beauty – Cruise’s St, Limerick – Stephen O’Driscoll
- Peter Mark – Main Street, Dundrum – Grace Murphy
- Peter Mark – Lower Rathmines Road – Enya Burden
- Peter Mark – Dundrum town centre – Erica McMahon
- Preen – Dame Street – Katherine Sweeney
- Rum Toffee Creative Hair – Ballyfermot – Lynda Robinson Hogan
- Style Club – South William Street – Albena Hristova
- Style Club – Tallaght – Jessica Doyle
- Style Club – North Earl Street – Brian Sweeney
- Sugar Cubed – Clarendon Street – Aimee Penco
- The Academy Belle Hairdressing – Celbridge, Co Kildare – Sandra Keegan
- The Hairshop – Francis Street, Dundalk – Catherine McElligott
Men’s Image Award:
- Brown Sugar Hair & Makeup – Blackrock – Roy Leigh
- Brown Sugar Hair & Makeup – Ranelagh – Gerard McLoughlin
- Davey Davey – Drury Street – Ian Davey
- Dylan Bradshaw Academy – South William Street – Eric Burtenshaw
- Peter Mark – Dundrum town centre – Conor Doyle
- John Coss Creative Hair – Portlaoise, Co Laoise – John Coss
- Style Club – North Earl Street – Sara Cubero
- Sugar Cubed – Clarendon Street – Tiago Rodrigues
- Sugar Daddy – Exchequer Street – Robbie Barrett
- The Academy Barber – Celbridge, Co Kildare – Sharon Stewart
- Toni&Guy- Clarendon Street – Joe Hayes
- Ultimate Hair & Beauty – Henry Street – Kristine Eglite
- Peter Mark – Dundrum town centre – Kate O’Neill
- Saints Colour Specialist & Beauty – Enniscorthy, Co Wexford – Louisa Murphy
- The Edge Hair Design Academy – Emmet Place, Cork – Emily O’Callaghan
- The Hairshop – Francis Street, Dundalk – Elenor Dowdall
- Toni&Guy – Clarendon Street – Dean Monks